About the Study:
Lifecycle Insights conducted the Agile Product Development Study. The goal is to develop findings that quantify the impact of electronics supply chain disruption on companies today. In addition, the study sought insight into understanding what engineering executives value and how they think about Agile Product Development. Survey respondents originated mainly from North America and represented numerous industry verticals.
The findings of this study were based on respondents spread across the following industries:
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Consumer Products (91%)
Respondents’ company revenues varied widely, but most were between $300 to $750m (46%), $720 to $2B (35%), $100 to $300m (17%), or under $100m (1%).
More than 91% of the respondents worked in the aerospace, consumer products, and medical devices department, and 9% in manufacturing.
Lifecycle Insights employed its proven benchmarking methodology in this quantitative research study. This methodology includes:
- the development of a neutral-language survey instrument that captures an accurate, impartial state of the industry for the given program’s scope using Lifecycle Insights’ best practices and library of questions;
- the careful recruitment and screening of qualified respondents that represent the target stakeholders for this program’s parameters using Lifecycle Insights’ third-party partnerships;
- the review, cleansing, and validation of respondent’s answers using Lifecycle Insights’ internal flagging system;
- the explorative development of indices and cohort definitions to iteratively isolate correlated sets of performance and practices using Lifecycle Insights’ benchmark approach; and
- the calculation, analysis, and group review of the study’s findings to vet and distill takeaways using Lifecycle Insights’ processes and procedures.