The leaders of Google used data and analytics to discover the traits of good engineering managers and the influence these managers exert on their teams.
- Design Domains
- Digitalization and the Digital ThreadFocuses on efforts to define and manage a complete, digital definition of the product throughout development. Acts as an overarching super-initiative for other model-based efforts.
- Agile for HardwareIncludes the application of agile principles to the design of mechanical, electrical, and electronic hardware
- IoT and the Digital TwinInclusive of efforts to connect products to the Internet of Things and develop Digital Twins mirroring their operation
- Simulation Driven Design (SDD)Targets initiatives to use simulation early and throughout development to help engineers make better, more informed design decisions
- Generative Design and 3D PrintingCovers the application of generative design and 3D printing technologies in the design of mechanical, electrical, and electronic hardware
- MBE and MBDModel-Based Enterprise (MBE) initiatives concentrate on the use of a Model-Based Definition (MBD), annotated 3D model, instead of a 2D Drawing throughout companies’ development processes
- MBSDModel-Based Software Development (MBSD) details efforts to use of progressive 1D simulations to verify that embedded software runs on target electronic hardware
- MBSEModel-Based System Engineering (MBSE) covers the development of a single, unambiguous, digital definition of systems acting as the coordination point for all engineering domains
- Virtual CommissioningVirtual Commissioning covers the use of simulation to plan, design, test, and install production systems