- Executive Overview
- Driving Change: Safety and Sustainability
- Safety: A Continued Emphasis
- Sustainability: A Rising Priority
- Other Drivers in the Industry
- Exploding Complexity: The Complicating Factor
- The Impact on Organizational Performance
- Strategic Actions: Pursuing Digital Transformation
- Defining Digital Transformation
- Status of Digital Transformation Initiatives
- Impact of Simulation on Digital Transformation
- Tactical Actions: Making Simulation Pervasive
- Application of Simulation by Functional Area
- The Pervasive Use of Simulation
- Investments by Engineering Discipline
- Summary and Recommendations
This report covers:
- Change drivers and associated industrial trends, including safety and sustainability, that impact the aviation industry. The report highlights how rising system complexity transforms the industry's development lifecycle.
- How aviation suppliers and OEMs leverage digital transformation initiatives to meet these industry demands and the impact of simulation and analysis on their efforts.
- How aviation supplies and OEMs leverage simulation and analysis solutions across the product development lifecycle, revealing where investments are being made across different engineering disciplines. This includes emerging areas such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, systems engineering and software engineering.
The aviation industry is changing fast and the Lifecycle Insights' 2020 Engineering Executives Strategic Agenda for Aviation Study reveals executives' strategic actions and tactics to future-proof their organizations. This report provides aviation executives with an informative and actionable plan to map out the future of their companies.