Overview of PTC
- Offers software solutions in the form of desktop applications, mobile apps and server-based systems and implementation services
- Provides solutions that support the design, manufacturing, sourcing and service stages of the product lifecycle
- Serves discrete-, process- and fashion-based product manufacturers
- Focuses on systems, mechanical hardware and software aspects of discrete products as well as recipe and formulation for process products and all aspects of fashion products
Note that coverage of PTC on this site concentrates on their offerings that focus on design and manufacturing for discrete manufacturers.
PTC Products and Services
- Creo is a suite of integrated apps that span numerous types of technology enablers. This includes:
- Creo Parametric, Creo Direct, Creo Layout and Creo Sketch provide 2D and 3D geometry creation and manipulation capabilities of MCAD.
- Creo Simulate provides structural, thermal and vibration analysis capabilities of Mechanical Computer Aided Engineering (MCAE) software for casual users. Creo Fatigue Advisor and Creo Mechanism Dynamics provide fatigue and dynamics analysis capabilities respectively. Design improvement capabilities are also included.
- Creo View MCAD and Creo View ECAD provide the viewing and markup capabilities of 3D Visualization and ECAD Visualization.
- Creo Illustrate provides the capabilities to create and modify 3D-based illustration capabilities of Technical Illustration.
- Creo Schematics provides the diagramming and layout capabilities of Routed Systems Design (RSD).
- Creo Machining delivers the 2.5 to 5-axis CNC capabilities for milling, turning, wire EDM of Mechanical Computer Aided Manufacturing (MCAM).
- Mathcad provide the engineering calculations capabilities of Engineering Calculation Software for casual users.
- Windchill delivers the data management capabilities of Product Data Management (PDM) as well as the process execution, sharing and collaboration and reporting and oversight capabilities of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). Creo Options Modeler combines capabilities of PDM, PLM and MCAD to create and manage various configurations of a product.
- Integrity provides the capabilities of ALM.
- Thingworx is an IDE suite that supports the development of smart connected products.
PTC also offers Servigistics, which provides the capabilities of SLM, and Arbortext, which provides the capabilities of Dynamic Publishing Software.